What is a computer virus?
A computer virus or worm is a malicious software program that can severely damage your computer and in many cases can spread to other computers without you knowing.
You may be unaware that your computer has been infected. As the virus can self-replicate the infections can spread rapidly to your computer or others that you contact and can cause a lot of damage.
These viruses are often sent through email or attachments and can be hard to detect, one way of protecting your computer is to install anti malware software across all of your devices.
Some of the main threats to the security of your computer are virus, malware and trojan infections which can drastically damage and infect your computer, this may be a result of not having the suitable anti virus protection.
How do you know if you have a computer virus?
- You are seeing more and more pop up messages and the computer and programs may stall which in the worst case the system will completely shut down which can in turn affect your valuable data.
- People are receiving SPAM emails from your account which you did not send, you should check your sent box for evidence of this
- You might find that you are locked out of your computer, the virus could be encrypting the files so you can’t get to them, this is commonly referred to as “ransomware” as the scam is to get you to pay to remove the virus.
Don’t panic, we fix it for you
Robert Mullane in Ferrybank Waterford can solve this problem for a small (relatively cheap) fee of €50.
- Perform a Virus scan (also check)
- Remove all infection and virus removal
- Clean up both temporary and unnecessary system file
- Provide a full system analysis which includes a malware removal and check
- Install all relevant anti-virus software and anti-spyware programs
- Set up parental control if required
- Optimise the system settings
- Reduce all non essential startup programs
- Check all backup settings if needed
- Remove all dust from your console and full check of cooling system (fans)